On rare occasions we do have to make a decision to close Alban because of snow or other emergencies. This is a decision not taken lightly and one in which the most important factor is the health and safety of children and staff. In the event the school is unable to open, we will act on the following guidelines:
- A text message will be sent to parents.
- The local radio stations (Heart 96.9fm and Three Counties 95.5fm) will be contacted to put out an announcement that Alban will be closed.
- A notice will be put at the school entrance.
- Information will be put on the homepage of the school website (www.albanacademy.org) .
Check the following website (Bedford Borough Council) for information for all school closures.
If the situation occurs during the school day:-
- A text message will be sent stating that Alban will be closing and that children need to be collected as soon as possible.
- Local radio stations will be informed.
- The Alban website will be updated.
If parents wish children to be picked up by a named adult, please ensure the school office knows in advance.
It may be necessary to cancel events that take place at Alban in the evening such as parents' consultations. Should this prove necessary we will inform the children before they leave the academy and send a text message. A notice will also be posted on the Alban website and at the entrance to the Academy.
Please make sure that the office has accurate contact details in case of emergencies. The first emergency contact numbers will be the ones used to communicate with you.